Thursday, June 5, 2008

What is a Pilgrimage? Chimayo Pilgrimage Pt 1


What is a Pilgrimage?
Chimayo Pilgrimage Pt 1
A pilgrimage is a journey of faith. While healing and hope of healing
may be a prayer intention for a pilgrimage, I personally believe the
goal of any pilgrimage should be to deepen our relationship with God.
I'll be triking (cycling) 350 miles to Chimato.
Why triking? Sacrifice is often an interional part of a pilgrimage.
Traveling by human power only seems appropriate.
Why Chimayo? For centuries Chimayo has been known as a healing place,
especially the dirt around a now dry spring. Jesus often tells those
he heals "Your faith has healed you." Far from being magic, or
formulaic, sucj a pilgrimage is about faith and relationship more than
about being healed.
Will I be healed? Absolutely. God will heal me in the fullness of
time. Will God heal me as a result of this pilgrimage? Perhaps. Time
will tell.
Questions to prayerfully consider befoer taking a pilgrimage (these
are things I asked myself before this trip):
Is doing so selfish, or an act of faith?
What sacrifice can I prayerfully offer? Money? Time? Physical effort/
endurance?
Why do I go?
What do I hope for from this journey?
Blessings in Jesus our Christ,
Patrick

Blessings,
Patrick
It's all good, but is it the best good?
www.BrainInjuryChaplain.com

1 comment:

TSI said...

That is a wonderful pilgrimage that certainly makes me want to go back to the US...

Saludos desde Peru!