Thursday, June 12, 2008

All is Gift


All is Gift
Things didn't go as I'd hoped. Turned out (as it so often does) there
is blessing in it not being my plan but God's - even if it takes gale
force winds and sand/dirt storms to get me to lift my stubborn head
and abandon what I thought I was supposed to be doing.
I triked half of the way to Chimayo. That's how life is with
disability. I am did-able to do certain things and it takes the love
and sacrifice of others, particularly my Beloved, to help me
accomplish what we agree to accomplish together.
We drove the last half together.
God is our wild, uncontrolable, unknowable, passionate creator who is
foolish enough to love his creation.. Thank God! Anything less
wouldn't be God.
Chimayo. Beautiful. Timeless. Tranquel. Rugged. Lush Eden in a jagged,
rocky, desert. Soul food. Pilgrimage's end. Journeys beginning. The
road along the way. Faith incarnate in mud, straw and ash. All is gift.

Blessings,
Patrick
It's all good, but is it the best good?
www.BrainInjuryChaplain.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A courageous and fine trip. Equally fine and courageous to modify as needed. May God richly bless you! Someone has asked if we are hard-wired to receive healing through faith. May God's healing pour in and your faith in Him receive it. BEJ